Dr. Jack Fisher
Chief Medical Officer
IHT’s Medical Director, Dr. Jack Fisher, employs his in-depth expertise to oversee the clinical research of our innovative systems and technology. In that capacity, he also serves on our Board of Directors.
Raised in Chicago, Dr. Fisher has authored or co-authored 81 articles in Plastic Surgery as well as one book and 21 book chapters. He has given over 250 invited lectures (national and international) and is licensed to practice medicine in Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida.
Dr. Jack Fisher is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon with over 30 years of experience in both clinical and basic research related to wound care and
wound healing. He co-developed a patented technology to evaluate wound healing in both experimental models and clinical use. Over his career he is evaluated numerous products and technologies to benefit patient care in dealing with both acute and chronic wounds as well as managing infections in surgical patients. A particular interest of his has
been reducing the dependency on antibiotics which because of their overuse has led to the development of broad antibiotic resistance creating
a major health care problem.
“The products and systems that Integrated Healing Technologies has incorporated into their organization is a major advance not only in wound care but also in reducing post-surgical infections and many related healthcare problems.”
Dr. Fisher served on the staff of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, where he conducted research with a special interest in “wound healing” and microsurgery. In 1986, Jack moved to Nashville, TN, where he co-developed a Research Facility devoted to plastic surgery and, in particular, “wound healing.” Dr. Fisher was appointed to the Faculty of Vanderbilt University Medical School where he currently serves as Associate Clinical Professor. He has held the Chief of Plastic Surgery position at both Baptist and Centennial Hospitals.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Certification
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Immediate Past President
- American Medical Association
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Southeastern Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- University of Illinois, Bachelor in Science in Biology, Cum Laude
- National Science Foundation, Three-time Grant Recipient
- Emory University, Doctor of Medicine
- George Washington University, Residency in General Surgery
- Emory University, Completed his Plastic Surgery Training